Should I Come to Class?
Do not come to class if you are feeling under the weather, including, but not limited to flu or COVID-like symptoms.
Please Sign Up ONLINE.
If you decide not to attend, please remove yourself from the class. If you remove yourself before the 2 hour limit, you will have a class credit. If you remove yourself within the 2 hour limit or do not show up to class, you will be charged for the class. Unlimited passes will have 2 days deducted if you late cancel or do not show up. If this happens multiple times, more days will be removed from your pass. If you continue to no show or late cancel, we may start unscheduling any future classes. Please understand that we are doing our best to make sure students get to attend classes. If you put yourself on the waitlist, you will be automatically added to the class. Please take yourself off the waitlist if you decide not to come or you will be charged for the class if you are added.
If you DO cancel with the assumption that you have COVID symptoms, you will be asked to follow the CDC guidelines for quarantine and Covid-19 testing before returning.
We ask that you follow these protocols before attending:
1. Check temperature before you attend. Do not attend yoga with any flu, Covid-19 or sickness symptoms in the past 48 hours.
2. If you have tested positive for Covid-19, do not attend yoga until you have followed all CDC guidelines for quarantine and Covid-19 testing.
3. If you have had contact without full protective gear with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19, please do not attend until you have followed the CDC guidelines for quarantine and Covid-19 testing.
4. Sign up and pay in advance for all classes through the MindBody app or through MindBody on uruyoga.com.
5. We will email you a new waiver. Please, please sign new waiver before attending class. It may go to spam. Please check spam. It helps us tremendously if you find it and sign it. Thank you.
6. Attend yoga freshly clean and in clean clothes.
7. Wash hands thoroughly before coming to yoga class or after you arrive at URU.
8. Bring your own mat and props. We will no longer have props and mats to loan.
9. Maintain as little contact with surfaces as possible.
10. Wait in car or outside the door until teacher opens the door and signals for you.
11. Maintain at least 6 feet distance between each other at all times. No touching. No hugging. Air hugs and Namaste are awesome.
12. Wear a mask inside the studio and until you get to your yoga mat. When you practice, you can choose to wear your mask or take it off. Any time you are moving around through the yoga studio, please wear your mask.
1. We have thoroughly cleaned and sanitized all locations.
2. We will thoroughly clean and sanitize all studios in between classes.
3. All teachers are required to self-assess for any flu, Covid-19 or sickness symptoms. No teacher is permitted to teach with any symptoms.
4. We have set up tape to guide you to place your mat at least 6 feet away from other students.
5. No physical contact. No hugs, handshakes or physical assists. Air hugs and Namaste are welcome, encouraged and recommended.
6. Please wear masks for arrival, sign in, moving around the studio, and your departure. We love seeing your awesome masks.
7. Teachers will stay on their mats and teach amazing yoga. We will begin with a limited schedule and only allow 11 students at URU1, 9 students URU GB, and 9 students URU 9 Mile. Keep in mind, we still plan to keep our online virtual classes active. Some live classes will be streamed, however, students will not be videoed. Make decisions that are best for you and your family. We support you fully in what you need to do. Do not feel rushed. We will be here when you are ready. Make informed choices and know we stand by you.
Prior to Class:
Students are required to pre-register and pay for class ahead of time.
To pre-register for a class:
- Download the MindBody app on your phone.
- Search for and select URU Yoga in the app.
- Choose your class.
- Purchase a pass in the app (pricing here: https://www.uruyoga.com/pricing/).
- Sign the waiver that is sent to your email. It may go to spam. Please check and sign it.
*Please commit to the class you have registered for and let us know if you are unable to attend after registering so that another student can have the opportunity to practice in your spot.
Please take these safety precautions in preparation for class.
- Bring your own mat & props.
- Shower before arrival & wear clean clothes to class.
- Use the restroom & wash hands before arrival (of course the restroom is available, we are just trying to limit contact on surfaces).
We are Committed to these Precautionary Measures
- Classes are limited to 6-11 students.
- Students who arrive late will not be allowed to enter the studio and will not be eligible for a refund.
- URU will maintain a limited class schedule temporarily and will continue our online presence (in-studio classes may be streamed, but no students will be visible in the live stream).
- Classes in each room are scheduled at least 30 minutes apart from one another, allowing time for:
- Teachers to sanitize door handles, counters, floors, and shared spaces.
- Students to enter and exit class.
- Entering and exiting:
- Enter 5-15 minutes prior to class, one at a time, single file procession guided by the instructor
- Exit one at a time, guided by the instructor
When arriving at the studio, please wait outside.
- The teacher will indicate when you can enter the studio, one student at a time.
- Prior to entering the studio, you will be asked to give verbal confirmation that you have not experienced flu or COVID-like symptoms in the 24 hours prior to class.
- You will also be asked to confirm that you pre-registered for the class.
- Stand a minimum of 6 feet from the teacher and state your name to confirm class registration.
- If you have not signed an updated liability waiver, please check your email and sign it.
- Immediately sanitize your hands (URU will provide hand sanitizer or the bathroom for sanitation).
- Upon entering the studio, place your personal items in the cubby area and place your mat in the designated area.
- We have set up tape to guide you to place your mat at least 6 feet away from other students.
- No physical contact. No hugs, handshakes or physical assists. Air hugs and Namaste are recommended.
- Line the top of your mat up with the designated marked spot on the floor for safe distancing.
- Do not use the studio’s props.
- After class, the teacher will direct students to exit the yoga room and studio one at time.
- Please no congregating in the studio or lobby.
Considering Wearing a Mask?
- Wearing masks can help mitigate asymptomatic spread of the coronavirus.
- Wearing a mask during cardiovascular exertion can cause oxygen deficiency and individuals can also overheat and pass out.
- Students are welcome to wear masks in class, but it will not be required.
- Teachers will wear a mask upon arrival and departure and will choose if they will wear a mask while teaching or not.
- Teachers will teach from their mat to help mitigate the spread of respiratory droplets.
- Please act most responsibly for yourself and those you live with.
- Masks are an awesome accessory while talking before and after class.
Teacher Guide for Covid-19 Safety in Studio Setting
- Instructors self-assess and check fever before entering the studio to confirm they do not have a fever and are not experiencing any signs of COVID or any other illness before class.
- No instructors can teach if they know they have had direct contact with anyone with Covid-19 without full protective gear.
- Upon arrival, instructors check that all surfaces and handles are clean and consider sanitizing more deeply before teaching the class.
- The studio will be ‘clean’ from the previous instructor and teachers are also encouraged to disinfect upon arrival as an additional safety precaution.
- Students wait outside of the studio until the teacher is ready for students to come in.
- Teacher props the door open and directs students in one at a time to cubbies and to their mat location
- Instructor asks students for their name to confirm their reservation.
- Teachers stay on their own yoga mats to teach yoga.
- Teacher asks students to remain at their mats as students exit the yoga room and studio one at a time.
- Once all students have exited the yoga room, instructor will use sanitary items to wipe down any surfaces that were touched. This could include some, most or all of the following surfaces:
- Toilet handle
- Bathroom safety rails
- Bathroom sink faucet
- Bathroom counter
- Bathroom door handle (first inner and then outer)
- Thermostat surface (if it was touched during class)
- Light switches
- Door handle for the lobby door (inner and then outer)
- Any cubbies used by students from class.
- Reception desk surface (if used)
- Tablet or laptop (if used). *We highly suggest using your phone and the app for sign in.
- Studio door handle (inner and then outer)
- Sweep and shark floor, especially the one-foot perimeter surrounding the designated mat spaces that were used and the 2-5” space within the perimeter of designated mat spaces that were used.
- Instructor will lock the door or allow new instructor to enter the studio.